Hunting and Trapping in New Hampshire
Season dates - For all huntable species
Hunter Education - Regular and online courses
Hunting information by species:
- 2014-2015 NH Hunting & Trapping Digest in searchable web format
- NH Harvest Summary and other publications
WHERE TO HUNT!
- Topographic maps for all of NH!
- Maps of Wildlife Management Units
- Wildlife Management Area guide
- Where can I hunt in New Hampshire?
- Hunting on State-owned Lands in N.H.
- NH Flood Control Areas and Contacts - Federal
- White Mountain National Forest
- State Forests, State Parks, and Conservation Easements (from DRED Division of Forests and Lands)
- Coastal Conservation Lands -- Maps and more
- Landowner/Hunter Land Use FAQs
WHERE TO SHOOT:
HUNTING IN NEW HAMPSHIRE
Hunting FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
Hunter's checklist (for new hunters)
N.H. Hunting News - A round-up of reports from the N.H. hunting seasons
Operation Game Thief - Report poachers online
Small game hunters: Fill out the Small Game Survey -- you could win a firearm!
Hunting out of state? Do not transport New York-killed deer through Massachusetts or Vermont
- Butchers in NH (who process moose)
- Taxidermists licensed in NH
- Leashed dog trackers licensed in NH
- Hunting Guides licensed in NH
More Hunting Info You May Need:
- Youth Hunting in New Hampshire
- "Ten Commandments" of Hunting Safety
- Hunter's Guide to Landowner Relations
- Owl Brook Hunter Education Center
- Check Stations for deer and turkey
- CWD -- Chronic Wasting Disease
- Hunting with physical disabilities
- H.I.P. information for migratory bird hunters
- Lead in Venison - Frequently asked Questions
- 2007 N.H. Hunter Survey results
- Becoming a licensed N.H. hunting or fishing guide
- Wildlife Control Operators:
Hunting in Canada? Click here to learn more about importing your harvest.
Hunting near railroad property? Click here for important information.
Hunting with a crossbow during firearms season? Click here to download rules, tips and safety information
The Big Game Plan will guide deer, moose, bear and
turkey management from 2006 through 2015)
Bruin in New Hampshire
Learn to live with black bears
Turkey Hunter Survey
The results of a survey of wild turkey hunters in New Hampshire
feeding of wild turkeys
Please don't feed the wild turkeys! But if you insist, here's how to do it with minimal damage to the population.
Federal Aid in Wildlife Restoration Program - Your purchase of hunting equipment supports:
- Wildlife management and restoration
- Habitat protection and management
- Hunter education